Thursday, June 16, 2011

oba view.





Nederlands Grootste Nachtmerrie (2007)
Buy It Here! - ReverbNation

Moroccan/Dutch rapper Salah Edin’s debut album

Salah Edin (birth name Abid Tounssi) worked in collaboration with Dr Dre’s Death Row Records producer Focus to create some of the most hard-hitting tracks ever made for his debut Nederlands Grootste Nachtmerrie. This album, whose title mean “Netherlands Worst Nightmare,” hearkens back to the late 90s when gangsta rap was prominent and at the height of its popularity, with tracks reminiscent of Eminem or 50 Cent at their peak. Even the cover art is darkly poignant. Salah Edin set up the shot to look like the mug shot of Mohammed Bouyeri, the convicted murderer of artist Theo Van Gogh, and commented it represented “the way the average white Dutch citizen sees me, as a young Moroccan Muslim radical. That’s why I chose to do this.”

If you are into hip-hop that sounds just plain scary, this is a record you can’t skip over.



Moon eclipse from wednesday june the 15th.





20110219_13.JPG by setiadi on Flickr.



“Thank you the cuckoo”

When someone says something completely obvious.
example:
“So I found out this morning that it’s not a very good idea to drink straight out of the coffee maker”
“Yes well, thank you the cuckoo!”

I had chinese food

And when I struggled to open up a packet of duck sauce my bro decided to tell me to “bite the tip”. I called him naughty and from that moment to the moment I left the table I decided to push my mothers buttons and throw around hypothetical scenarios in which I move to the Netherlands and marry a sheep or buy a beach house in Rehobeth for me and my hypothetical boyfriend to raise our pet chimp.(bcuz incapable of reproducing)

It pissed her off royally but that’s okay since it made my dinner far more amusing than it otherwise would have been.





oba view.

No comments:

Post a Comment